Boil water and add the cinnamon, cayenne and honey to it. Set it aside and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile grind the cacao if not already done. Place the grinded raw cacao into a cup.
Add a bit of water into the cup and stir well. Once all cacao melted, add the tahini and stir again. Fill the cup from the water you’ve boiled and stir well until the drink is ready.
Enjoy the beverage. We encourage you to set an intention before consuming.
* Make your cacao creamy by using a blender.
** Add your sparkle of ingredients to your drink (List above)
Measure one mug of water for each dose of cacao. Add to a pot and apply heat.
Heat water BELOW boiling temperature (high heat denatures the medicinal compounds of cacao).
Finely chop 28-42 g (1 - 1.5 oz) of cacao and add it to the hot water.
Additional complementary flavors include ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, tahini, cayenne pepper, salt, and honey. Add these to your hot cacao mixture.
Mix cacao thoroughly. This can be done with a blender, a whisk, or by shaking a tightly sealed jar.
Enjoy your cacao in ceremonial space. Set intentions and bless before drinking.
How to make a cup of
Health Properties of Cacao
1. The highest level of antioxidants compared to all other food sources. Antioxidants assist in eliminating free radicals in the body, which reduces stress levels.
2. Offers a sustainable source energy, theobromine, which is similar to caffeine, but more calm. This stimulates an awakened sense in your whole body that lasts for a few hours without symptoms of coming down.
3. Elevates the heart rate (up to 20%!). This stimulation of the heart will lead to a deeper sense of love and well-being emanating from your whole body.
4. Is full of minerals necessary for a healthy body: calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, beta-carotene, omega 6 fatty acids, and amino acids.
5. Mood elevating compounds anandamide and tryptophan allow you to access deeper states of euphoria and relaxation.
6. Drinking or eating cacao is in of itself pleasurable, relaxing, and uplifting!